How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™
Just about every vehicle in the new Honda lineup is available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, and one of the questions we most often hear from Culver City-area drivers is: “How do I connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto?” It’s really very simple to connect your smartphone to your Honda. Just follow the steps in this guide from the experts at Airport Marina Honda.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay®
Make sure that you have an iPhone 5 or later, and that you are in an area that supports CarPlay. Next, go to Settings > Siri & Search on your iPhone, and turn Siri on. From there, follow these steps to connect your phone to your Honda:
- Plug your phone into the CarPlay USB port, which should be labeled with the CarPlay logo.
- If your car supports a wireless Bluetooth® connection, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car.
- Start your car and leave it running.
- Ask Siri for what you need by either pressing and holding the Voice Control button on your steering wheel or touching and holding the CarPlay Home button on your touchscreen until Siri appears.
How to Connect to Android Auto™
You’ll need an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a more recent version. Most people find that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works best. The following steps will show you how to connect Android Auto™ to your Honda:
- Turn on Android Auto in your car’s settings.
- Download the Android Auto™ app from Google Play. When you plug your smartphone into your car with the compatible USB cable, you’ll receive a prompt to download the app.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Review the Safety Information and Android Auto™ permissions.
- Turn on notifications for Android Auto™.
- On your vehicle’s display, select Android Auto™.
Find a Honda with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ at Airport Marina Honda!
With Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ smartphone integration, you’ll stay connected, informed, and entertained on the roads in and around Torrance and Westchester. If you find that you are having problems connecting your smartphone to your Honda, contact the service team at Airport Marina Honda. Our experts are happy to help you learn more about new Honda technologies like HondaLink® and Honda Sensing®, and we can even show you how to enter the radio code in your Accord, so come see us today!
More from Airport Marina Honda
The 2020 Honda Civic gas mileage is one of this vehicle’s most attractive features for many Culver City drivers. Having a car that can deliver spirited performance on both city streets and out on the highway and also helps you save money at the pump makes for a winning combination. Learn more about the Honda…
New Pilot InventoryContact Us With six 2020 Honda Pilot configurations available, Culver City drivers can choose the model that has the features that will best suit their driving needs. Explore the Honda Pilot trim levels in this guide from Airport Marina Honda, and then schedule a test drive today! Honda Pilot LX The 2020 Pilot lineup leads off…
Vehicle safety is a major consideration for Culver City drivers. If you’re considering a brand-new 2020 Honda HR-V, you’ll be happy to know that this compact crossover SUV has earned impressive crash test scores from the major accredited safety agencies. Learn more about the Honda HR-V safety ratings in this guide from Airport Marina Honda. Then, stop by…