How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™
Just about every vehicle in the new Honda lineup is available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, and one of the questions we most often hear from Culver City-area drivers is: “How do I connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto?” It’s really very simple to connect your smartphone to your Honda. Just follow the steps in this guide from the experts at Airport Marina Honda.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay®
Make sure that you have an iPhone 5 or later, and that you are in an area that supports CarPlay. Next, go to Settings > Siri & Search on your iPhone, and turn Siri on. From there, follow these steps to connect your phone to your Honda:
- Plug your phone into the CarPlay USB port, which should be labeled with the CarPlay logo.
- If your car supports a wireless Bluetooth® connection, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car.
- Start your car and leave it running.
- Ask Siri for what you need by either pressing and holding the Voice Control button on your steering wheel or touching and holding the CarPlay Home button on your touchscreen until Siri appears.
How to Connect to Android Auto™
You’ll need an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a more recent version. Most people find that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works best. The following steps will show you how to connect Android Auto™ to your Honda:
- Turn on Android Auto in your car’s settings.
- Download the Android Auto™ app from Google Play. When you plug your smartphone into your car with the compatible USB cable, you’ll receive a prompt to download the app.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Review the Safety Information and Android Auto™ permissions.
- Turn on notifications for Android Auto™.
- On your vehicle’s display, select Android Auto™.
Find a Honda with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ at Airport Marina Honda!
With Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ smartphone integration, you’ll stay connected, informed, and entertained on the roads in and around Torrance and Westchester. If you find that you are having problems connecting your smartphone to your Honda, contact the service team at Airport Marina Honda. Our experts are happy to help you learn more about new Honda technologies like HondaLink® and Honda Sensing®, and we can even show you how to enter the radio code in your Accord, so come see us today!
More from Airport Marina Honda
If you haven’t heard about the 2022 Honda Civic redesign, get ready to be excited. Changing a highly popular compact sedan is a tall order, but the new Honda Civic 2022 redesign promises to push this vehicle to new heights, evolving its style profile and boosting its efficiency. Airport Marina Honda has previewed the prototype of the…
The 2021 Honda CR-V is powerful, efficient, and fun to drive. So, how much can the Honda CR-V tow? When properly equipped, this compact SUV has a maximum towing capacity of 1,500 pounds. Learn more about the Honda CR-V towing package and features before you schedule a test drive at Airport Marina Honda. New CR-V InventoryContact…
If you’re in the market for a stylish midsize sedan that is well-equipped to meet your Culver City-area driving needs, you should take a look at the 2021 Honda Accord. This popular Honda model delivers powerful and efficient performance, along with a sophisticated interior that has been designed to enhance comfort and convenience wherever you drive….