New Year’s Resolution for Your Car
Photo by: Epic Fireworks via. Flickr
Nowadays it can be sometimes challenging to take care of your Honda as much as you should. While Honda’s are exceptionally built and have amazing value, they too need regular maintenance to ensure their longevity. And with 2015 upon us, we want to encourage you to make regular car maintenance apart of your New Year’s Resolution. We have some tips to make this New Year’s Resolution one to last the whole year:
- If it has been a while since your last cabin cleaning, it may be time to clean your car. In addition to throwing things away, you should vacuum the in-between areas, wipe down your dashboard, knobs and other frequently touched items. You’ll appreciate it tomorrow.
- While you’re at it, you may want to take it for a wash, especially if it’s been a while.
- Begin a habit of checking your tire pressure once a month to ensure your tires are properly inflated.
- You should also aim to have your tires rotated every 3,000 – 6,000 miles to ensure that each tire is worn evenly. This could save you hundreds of dollars in the life of your car.
- On the subject of tires, check your tire treading to see signs of wear. If so, it may be time for new tires. Right now, we have a current deal for our Los Angeles area customers on tires for all the popular Honda models, so you should take a look at our service specials page.
- Check your lights to ensure they are working at the proper brightness.
- You should read into your Honda manual on how frequently you should have the oil changed, but typically it’s between 1,000 and 3,000 miles, depending on your driving style and vehicle.
- You may also want to get your car battery tested, especially if you have had it for 3 years or more. Car batteries typically are meant to last 3-5 years, so it may be time for a new one. Right now we are offering a complimentary battery test and multi-point inspection with the purchase of a 4-wheel alignment. You can learn about this deal on our service specials page as well.
Airport Marina Honda of Southern California offers a full in-house service department for all your car maintenance needs, and a convenient online appointment reservation system. Our friendly service staff would be glad to help you improve the life of your vehicle. If you have any questions, or wish to speak with our staff, please contact us at 888-672-6644