The 2018 Honda Accord and the 2018 Toyota Camry are among the most popular vehicles in the country, so it’s no surprise that Los Angeles drivers often end up comparing the two. There’s really no wrong option: both models are at the top of the midsize sedan segment thanks to an artful blend of power, efficiency, space, technology, and options. However, you’ll have to choose between the two eventually, so use this quick and easy comparison to ensure that you make the right decision.
Powertrains and MPG
Both the 2018 Accord and the 2018 Camry will see Airport Marina Honda drivers deciding between either a four-cylinder or a V6; with either choice, you’ll receive stronger performance and superior efficiency scores when you opt for the Honda Accord.
The Accord’s engine options include:
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 192 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque. On the LX, EX, and EX-L models, you’ll get up to 30 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.*
- 3.5L V6: The Honda Accord V6 is potent enough to command up to 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. A 6-speed automatic transmission comes standard to make up to 29 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.*
The 2018 Toyota Camry engine options suffer markedly in comparison:
- 2.5L Four-Cylinder: The Camry’s 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque may shine next to the Honda Accord four-cylinder, yet mileage tops out at a relatively unimpressive 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
- 3.5L V6: The Toyota Camry six-cylinder makes 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque while allowing for just 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
No matter the Toyota Camry engine you opt for, you’ll be burning more fuel.
Cabin space really matters when it comes to midsize sedans; they need to offer plenty of cargo and passenger room to fit around your changing needs. With up to 103.2 cubic feet of passenger space and 15.8 cubic feet of cargo space vs. 102.7 and 15.4 with the Camry, the Accord really does lead the class.
- Headroom: Up to 39.1 inches in the front of the 2018 Accord vs. just 38.8 in the front of the 2018 Camry.
- Legroom: Up to a 42.5 inches in the front of the 2018 Accord vs. just 41.6 in the front of the 2018 Camry.
Comfort and Convenience Features
The new Honda Accord doesn’t just offer greater interior space than the new Toyota Camry — it also fills that space with state-of-the-art technologies for drivers from Culver City to enjoy.
- 10-Way Power Driver’s Seat: Includes power lumbar support and two-position memory settings to ensure perfect support during every journey. The Toyota Camry available 8-way power seats can’t quite compete.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: The Camry also fits a rearview camera as standard, but it lacks the multiple viewing modes (Normal, Wide, and Top-down) that makes the Honda Accord rearview monitor so unique.
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™: The 2018 Accord makes it easy to sync up your smartphone to the vehicle’s systems. Use either Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ functionality to do just that, then control your smartphone’s features through the touchscreen display.
The Honda Accord also offers a string of safety features that Torrance drivers won’t be able to take advantage of with the 2018 Camry, including:
- Lane Keep Assist: The Lane Departure Warning System lets you know if you begin to deviate from your chosen lane without signaling. Should you fail to heed that alert, the Lane Keep Assist system will provide corrective steering to keep you centered.
- Honda LaneWatch: A small camera mounted below your passenger side mirror will automatically display a video feed of your blind spot on the Accord’s touchscreen system when you signal.
The 2018 Honda Accord Outclasses the 2018 Toyota Camry
The 2018 Honda Accord is superior to the 2018 Toyota Camry, as the Camry can’t match the sophisticated powertrains, high-end technologies, and impressive safety features of the 2018 Honda Accord. To learn how the Accord compares to the Honda Civic or to other competitors like the Nissan Altima and Mazda6, simply contact Airport Marina Honda today.
1 at these offers (KA094861). *On approved above average credit with $2,199 due at signing plus first months payment, government tax and fees. $0 security deposit. 12,000 miles per year totaling 36,000 miles for lease term, 15 cents per mile thereafter. **On approved above average credit with $0 first month payment. Plus government tax and fees. $0 security deposit. 12,000 miles per year totaling 36,000 miles for lease term, 15 cents per mile thereafter. ***Example: 10% down payment. 36 months financing at $28.60/month per $1,000 financed. Available on approved credit through Honda Financial Services, 1.9% APR for up to 36 months on select new and unregistered 2019 Honda Accord Sedan models, for well-qualified buyers. Not all buyers will qualify. Higher financing rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings. Actual down payment may vary. See dealer for details. Vehicles may not be exactly as shown. Prices good through 1/2/20.
* 30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for 1.5T LX, EX and EX-L models with CVT. 26 city/35 highway/30 combined mpg rating for 1.5T Sport models with 6-speed manual transmission. 29 city/35 highway/31 combined mpg rating for 1.5T Sport and Touring models with CVT. 22 city/32 highway/26 combined mpg rating for 2.0T Sport models with 6-speed manual transmission. 22 city/32 highway/26 combined mpg rating for 2.0T Sport and Touring models with 10-speed automatic transmission. 23 city/34 highway/27 combined mpg rating for 2.0T EX-L models with 10-speed automatic transmission. Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.